[open-archaeology] AIA and open access

Colleen Morgan clmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:28:59 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I tweaked the language just a little so that it wouldn't immediately raise
the hackles of the American audience.

The AIA is an incredibly stuffy organization that mostly funds
classical/old world archaeology and is an interesting blend of academics
and hobbyists. The for-pay model has mostly worked for them and they have a
lot invested in keeping it that way.

It might be better to highlight Tim Gowers and the boycott on Elsevier.

Cheers,

Colleen