[open-archaeology] AIA and open access

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Wed Apr 25 07:30:12 UTC 2012

Il 23/04/2012 16:59, Sebastian Heath ha scritto:
> The AIA is sometimes slow moving but "incredibly stuffy" doesn't quite
> capture the range of people in either the membership or on the board.
> And there's no reason to think the board actually had a hand in this.
> There is a lot of anger about the statement over here.

Sebastian and Chuck Jones have now published a response at AWBG:
http://ancientworldbloggers.blogspot.com/2012/04/aia-and-open-access-response.html

The outcome of the Skype call we had on Monday (available at the bottom
of the etherpad http://archeo.okfnpad.org/responsetoaia ) was that the
working group should take a public position supporting those AIA members
who are not comfortable either with the position stated in Bartman's
editorial, or with the AIA response to the consultation held in November
2011 (the two are, roughly speaking, equivalent).

If deemed useful, we could turn our response into a public petition.

Ciao and "buon 25 aprile",
Stefano