[open-archaeology] CAAUK 2013: Keynote and Registration

Jessica Ogden jessogdogg at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 14 18:29:05 UTC 2013

Hello again -

For those that are interested, I would like to announce that Dr. Mark Lake
(UCL) will be presenting the keynote address of the 2013 Computer
Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology UK meeting. As guest
editor of the recent issue of *World
Archaeology*<http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rwar20/44/4>focusing on
“Open Archaeology”, Dr. Lake will be discussing the issues
raised during the collation of the issue and the wider questions
surrounding an open approach to archaeology, in general. The full abstract
will be posted on the conference website soon.

The conference is being hosted by the commercial archaeology partnership, L
- P : Archaeology <http://www.lparchaeology.com>. We are delighted to be
hosting the event at our head office based at the Old Truman Brewery, Brick
Lane, London on *February 22-23, 2013*. A general programme of presenters,
papers and posters is now available on the website
here<http://www.lparchaeology.com/caauk/programme/>,
with information regarding event registration
here<http://www.lparchaeology.com/caauk/register/>
.

Well *over half of the registrations* have been filled as of today so if
you are planning on attending the conference, we highly recommend
registering asap.

If you have any further questions regarding the event, please feel free to
get in touch. We're looking forward to seeing you in February!

Best wishes,
Jess

*(With the usual apologies for x-posting)*

--
Jessica Ogden
Stuart Eve

CAA UK 2013 Organising Committee