[open-bibliography] Using dcat for Open Bibliographic Data

Adrian Pohl pohl at hbz-nrw.de
Mon Aug 23 15:59:16 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have finally documented in English our experiences with the Data Catalog Vocabulary for describing open bibliographic data sets at https://wiki1.hbz-nrw.de/display/SEM/Using+dcat+for+Open+Bibliographic+Data. On this page you'll find some description examples, a documentation of our general problems and our specific problems with dcat as well as suggestions how to improve dcat.

These experiments were part of some thinking about the conceptualization of an open bibliographic data infrastructure. Felix and I published a paper on this some weeks ago, which unfortunately only exists in German, see http://www.hbz-nrw.de/dokumentencenter/produkte/lod/aktuell/pohl_ostrowski_2010_open-data-infrastruktur.pdf. For now our work on this will stop. As soon as more libraries publish their data under an open license we certainly will pick up these thoughts...

Cheers
Adrian