[open-bibliography] Crowdsourcing bibliographic data

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Tue Aug 17 14:16:16 UTC 2010

 On 10-08-17 14:31, Jonathan Gray wrote:
>   * To make something that is used you can't just give people a form
> and expect them to add a thousand articles. There must be some
> incentive for users in order to make this really scale. E.g. being
> able to use it to generate nice indexes for courses they teach/attend,
> books they write, having a community to help ensure the information is
> up to date, all open so can be plugged into other
> tools/services/resources, and so on.

This is where I was going with the natural language
robot bit. If students or researchers could jot down
notes not so differently than they already do but with
a minimum of prescriptiveness about the shape of
their sentences, then you could just upload the text
file and out pops an annotated reading list all nicely
indexed and presented.

Cheers,
-w

--
William Waites           <william.waites at okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation

RDF Indexing, Clustering and Inferencing in Python
		http://ordf.org/