[open-bibliography] comprehensive bibliographic database of "open" resources?

Owen Stephens owen at ostephens.com
Tue Aug 17 15:39:11 UTC 2010

Unfortunately the status of library catalogue records in terms of licensing remains a bit of a grey area - not least because it often isn't clear where records came from, what agreements were in place when they were obtained, and how much the record has changed since it was obtained. The fields MJ identifies may well help, but unlikely to tell the whole story.

I think also there is some FUD around this as well (I don't mean people/organisation deliberately doing this, more that those responsible may well be uncertain about what they can do with the records etc.) The following JISC guide may help http://www.jisclegal.ac.uk/Projects/TransferandUseofBibliographicRecords.aspx.

Owen