[open-bibliography] W3C LLD (Bibliography) group [was: Re: MARC Codes for Forms of Musical Composition]

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 5 12:33:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Young,Jeff (OR) <jyoung at oclc.org> wrote:

> Oops, sorry. I do seem to have some wires crossed. Let me talk to Andy
> Houghton to see if he can help sort out why I  believe multiple rdf:types
> are bad for instances.
>
> Jeff

> Antoine Isaac <aisaac at few.vu.nl> wrote:
>
> (moving this thread from [1] to the wider LLD list, this can be of
> interest beyond the XG!)
>
>  The crossposting has revealed a group I was unaware of - the W3C Library
Linked Data list. From their site it looks as if they are now summarising
their mails over the last few years.

It would help me if anyone could briefly summarise what they have been / are
doing and how this can relate to the OKF Open Bibliography work - in
particular where we can each feed off the work of the other. I'd imagine,
for example, that OKF are more likley to get involved in particular
vocabularies and in collaborative instances (e.g. crowdsourcing)

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics