[open-bibliography] Open bibliographic data workshop, Berlin, 7th October 2010

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Jul 6 13:02:01 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know that we're currently organising an
international open bibliographic data workshop / hackday at the Freie
Universität Berlin on 7th October 2010.

This will be very much focused on discussion and 'getting things done'
-- rather than presentations per se. Key thing is to get interested
folks together! Some ideas for things I'd be keen to see:

  * discussion / drafting for a 'manual' for opening up bibliographic data
  * discussion of the role of bibliographic data to help determine
which works are in the public domain in which countries (to build
services like publicdomainworks.net)
  * discussion / hacking on key technologies -- e.g. versioning for
data, RDF, data stores, user services, ...
  * future of open bibliographic data -- what services people would
like to see (e.g. using data as backbone for new kinds of research
tools in digital humanities, representing data on maps/timelines)
  * open bibliographic data / LOD
  * add things here! ;-)

Would be most grateful if folks could indicate their
interest/availability on the following link so we get a clearer idea
about numbers:

  http://doodle.com/nrnssh36zty7wc98

This will be a satellite event to the The 3rd Free Culture Research
Conference on 8-9th October:

  http://wikis.fu-berlin.de/display/fcrc/Home

--
Jonathan Gray