[open-bibliography] Reminder: Wirtual Meeting

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Jul 8 13:35:16 UTC 2010

Jonathan Gray
> Yes we definitely want to do calls in future but:
>
>   (i) We've found Skype doesn't scale well to 8+ people.
>   (ii) Conference call facilities are expensive for participants (e.g.
> 0.10 Euro/min x 60 = 6 EUR is not uncommon!).
>
> We're asking around about possible sponsorship for OKF to foot the
> bill for regular conference call facilities. If anyone has any ideas
> or is able to donate infrastructure for this call -- please say! ;-)

The *Open* Bibliographic Data Working Group of the *Open* Knowledge
Foundation shouldn't be using closed, divisive Skype, should it?

http://sipphone.com/conference/ might work for this group but I've not
tested how far it scales.  Use sip:1222xxxxxxx at proxy01.sipphone.com
URLs for other SIP phones and regular phones might be able to call in
on http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers with prefix
*747.  Anyone know other similar SIP services?

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef) Webmaster and developer for hire at | software