[open-bibliography] More verbs. Electronic 'Items' (Yes, another FRBR thread)

Benjamin O'Steen bosteen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 14:14:44 UTC 2010

Thanks - I wasn't quite clear in hindsight. These predicates apply to
the Work, Expression, Manifestation and Item hierarchy and have tight
range and domain constraints as prescribed by the FRBR model.

I was talking about realining or adding to the predicates when you take
into consideration that some Expression-level predicates are arguably
Work level relationships (or should be): eg translations and so on. For
example, changing the range+domain of
http://metadataregistry.org/schemaprop/show/id/1635.html
(hasATranslation) from Expression to perhaps a union of Expression and
Work? or simply from E -> E to W -> W?

(predicate codified into RDF here:
http://vocab.org/frbr/core.html#translation)

Do we have a list of relationships where the range and domain need to be
loosened, based on previous discussions? Will we require more
relationships to describe the Works properly?

Ben