[open-bibliography] More verbs. Electronic 'Items' (Yes, another FRBR thread)

Tom Morris tfmorris at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 14:22:03 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Weinheimer Jim <j.weinheimer at aur.edu> wrote:
> The guidelines followed by the Library of Congress, and therefore, by most other
> Anglo-American libraries are in "LC Rule Interpretation 1.0 Decisions Before Cataloging", ...

Cataloging is just one use of bibliographic data.  Citations are
another important use.  While different formats (e.g. Postscript &
PDF) should nominally be identical, there's no guarantee, so I'd argue
that each different format should be indexed as a separate
manifestation (or equivalent in the schema of your choice).

Tom