[open-bibliography] introduction

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 29 17:11:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Ben O'Steen <bosteen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would say that by using named graphs and the like, we can benefit from
> the "statement" based metadata form,  while retaining the ability to make
> "record"-level assertions about the provenance.
>
> Ben
>

> I would find it useful to know the difference between record-level and
statement-level. Is this that a record is modelled by may RDF statements? If
so then we clearly have a duty to use (?named graphs ?ORE) to manage this so
bits don't get lost. But if we do this well then isn't it really a question
of making sure our RDF keeps its integrity? Or are there cases where a
record graph is made up from many different pieces with different
provenances?

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust