[open-bibliography] Open bib data on the OCA blog

Felix Ostrowski felix.ostrowski at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 18 08:55:58 UTC 2010

Hi Karen,

good post! I do have two brief comments: unfortunately the link
http://opendata.hbz-nrw.de/opendata has become invalid, it should be
http://opendata.hbz-nrw.de/. And, just to clarify things, ~5 million
bibliographic records of several cooperating libraries [(1)] have been made
available from the union catalog of the North Rhine-Westphalian Library
Service Center (hbz) on March 15. The University and City Library of Cologne
is among those libraries and already opened their local catalog data on
March 12, so that there are actually two versions of their data available
(local and from the hbz union catalog).

Cheers,

Felix

[1] http://www.hbz-nrw.de/dokumentencenter/presse/pm/datenfreigabe_engl