[open-bibliography] Fwd: [okfn-discuss] University of Ghent LibraryCatalogues: Open or Not?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Mar 25 09:20:04 UTC 2010

On 25 March 2010 00:36, Mathias Schindler <mathias.schindler at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Thanks Lukas, that's incredibly useful to know and I'll try getting in
>> touch with them direct.
>
> The license information seems to have changed.
>
> http://lib.ugent.be/info/en/exports.shtml

Indeed. After we found the exports, I was put in touch with Patrick
Hochstenbach (now on this list) the man behind those exports. After a
bit of discussion he kindly agreed to relicense under the
http://opendefinition.org/ compliant ODbL.

I meant to notify the list about this but obviously must have forgotten!

> It is now "All Meercat exports with the Open Knowledge icon   are made
> available under the Open Database License:
> http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/." instead of some -nc
> closeness.
>
> Sweet!

Very much so :)