[open-bibliography] Fwd: [okfn-discuss] University of Ghent LibraryCatalogues: Open or Not?

Christopher Gutteridge cjg at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 26 10:00:25 UTC 2010

Maybe I should just teach the controversy then?

The decision for our local RDF data will have to be made "above my pay
grade". But I'll try to frame it as between public domain, -by and
-by-nocommercial

I'm about to do the first RDF release of the software and today we are
running a training course in EPrints & Linked data at Southampton. Any
suggestions welcome! I'll happily add more suggested licenses to the
default release of the software, and a link to the discussion too!

Partly, though, the data consuming community will need to nag each admin
to add a license as EPrints 3.2.1 will provide RDF out of the box, but
the license will not appear until they pick one.

--
Christopher Gutteridge -- http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/people/cjg

Lead Developer, EPrints Project, http://eprints.org/

Web Projects Manager, University of Southampton,
School of Electronics and Computer Science