[open-bibliography] FRBR examples

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Fri May 28 13:51:15 UTC 2010

Quoting Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com>:

> The Freebase publishing domain (http://www.freebase.com/view/book)
> only has 3 million books, but it's got a relatively rich data model
> [1] which supports works, adaptations[3,4], and translations[5,6,7].

That's a start :-). Take a look at:
    http://kcoyle.net/rda/group1relsby.html
for a fairly complete list of relationships beyond adaptation and
translation. So, if I wanted to make use of some of these, is there a
way to add them to Freebase? I would really like to start modeling
some of the more complex relationships that are inherent in library
data but haven't been made explicit in our catalogs.

Oh, and since the ones in that list are tied to FRBR entities, I will
make a list that doesn't have that connection and will post it at:
   http://kcoyle.net/rda

... but you can find them defined in the metadata registry at:

http://metadataregistry.org/schema/show/id/13.html

And you can grab the definitions in RDF there as well.

Thanks,
kc

--
Karen Coyle