[open-bibliography] Sharing bibliographic user data

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Mon Nov 15 15:51:32 UTC 2010

Quoting Adrian Pohl <adrian.pohl at okfn.org>:

> To get open data from social reference management services like
> BibSonomy, book lovers sites like LibraryThing or user-generated data
> from library catalogs we should provide some answers to these
> questions...

As we know from experience with contracts (even implied ones) you have
to make the right agreements at the beginning -- it is very  hard to
change things afterward. I think we should be encouraging people to
think about ownership before they take in data.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle at kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net