[open-bibliography] British Library data announcement

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 08:26:25 UTC 2010

Thanks Will,

One great idea for a use-case has surfaced today (anonymous, but I'll give
credit if I get permission) - to add the author's death-date to
bibliography. This has immediate and widespread practicality in the OKF with
the release of the copyright calculator. It should be possible to mashup
chunks of the bibliography with DBPedia and I would expect this could
resolve many authors (with, of course the problem of disambiguation).
However known lists of authors with death dates might also help with the
disambiguation.

But maybe you have all thought of this already.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics