[open-bibliography] British Library data announcement

Makx Dekkers mail at makxdekkers.com
Mon Nov 22 11:26:46 UTC 2010

All,

One comment from DCMI on the range of dcterms:identifier.

The range of that property is rdfs:Literal, on purpose.

The reason is that an identifier is by definition a string of characters; it is not the resource it identifies. Of course, if the identifier is a URI, you can resolve that URI to get to the resource it identifies but it is not what the identifier "is".

<somenamespace:identifier rdf:resource="urn:isbn:0123456789" /> would say that the identifier IS the resource identified by the ISBN which is not what you want.

Makx Dekkers.