[open-bibliography] Comments on transformed BNB data

Ben O'Steen bosteen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:26:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 13:26 +0000, Deliot, Corine wrote:
> I'm sorry but I still don't understand. I've looked at
> http://bnb.bibliographica.org/entry/GB8102507, which I believe is the
> RDF/XML you were pointing me to.

This is different from the output from my conversion scripts, for
example:

http://pastebin.com/pkBncJPu

Will, can you shed any light on why the two namespaces have been
combined?

Also, in examining the example I linked to above, I noticed it created
an End of the interval of "9999", even though the original shows an
undefined end point, in this case defined by "[2000?]-". I think this is
a situation where omission is far better than the use of a value like
9999. The interval makes perfect sense upon removal of the hasEnd node
IMO.

Ben