[open-bibliography] Comments on transformed BNB data

Deliot, Corine Corine.Deliot at bl.uk
Wed Nov 24 13:26:39 UTC 2010

I'm sorry but I still don't understand. I've looked at  http://bnb.bibliographica.org/entry/GB8102507 <http://bnb.bibliographica.org/entry/GB8102507> , which I believe is the RDF/XML you were pointing me to.

The Dublin Core namespace declaration still doesn't make sense to me. As stated before in this email string and based on the data we submitted, my understanding is that there should be two namespace declarations, one for the legacy namespace prefix dc: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>, one for the /terms/ namespace prefix:dct <http://purl.org/dc/terms/>.  They are two different namespaces. The /terms/ namespace does not include the "legacy" terms; the 15 legacy properties have been "copied" into the /terms/ namespace, they are new properties with formally declared domains and ranges as explained in "Notes on DCMI specifications for Dublin Core metadata in RDF" [1].

All Dublin Core properties used in the BNB dataset should use the prefix dct: except one, dc:date.

I would appreciate some input from DCMI which is why I have copied a couple of DCMI colleagues.

Many thanks in advance for explaining.

Best regards

Corine

[1]http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-rdf-notes/index.shtml