[open-bibliography] Changes on openbiblio wiki

Adrian Pohl ad.pohl at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:14:04 UTC 2010

Hello,

having some time to think about the ongoing developments and
activities led me to do two things:

1. I wrote a blog post (in German) about Open Bibliographic Data in
2010: http://www.uebertext.org/2010/10/2010-das-open-bibliographic-data-jahr.html

2. I rearranged the Working Group's web presence a bit.

About the group's wiki:

* The main page is now filled with less information and better to
oversee: http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/bibliography
* I added a paragraph "Activities" to the main page which mentions
some of the group's activities.
* I moved several content to new wiki pages:
  ** An overview over the group's members and associated persons:
http://wiki.okfn.org/Openbiblio%20Members
  ** A list of etherpads the group has created:
http://wiki.okfn.org/List%20of%20Openbiblio%20etherpads
  ** A list projects and services in the realm of Open Bibliographic
Data: http://wiki.okfn.org/relevant%20projects Please add missing
projects and services.

What do you think about the changes? Is this web presence readable for
people who have no clue what the group is doing but who are vaguely
interested in the group's work?

What is missing?/To Do
- I think we need a short text describing what the group's purpose is
and what it does. But for now, the three bullet points on the main
page do the job...
- The paragraph "Research" on the main page has to be moved to a seperate page.

Ciao
Adrian