[open-bibliography] Changes on openbiblio wiki

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 19 11:13:23 UTC 2010

Adrian,
I think this is a good improvement. I know how hard one has to work.

It's a good resource for those involved in the project(s) and that's
imporrtant. I can now find the Etherpads, etc. For example I need to know
whether I have a skypecon this afternoon and when. A list of these would be
useful

Fo newcomers we have two sorts:
* those who know what bibliography is and are probably involved elsewhere
* those that don't (they may even think it's biography)

For those I'd suggest a pointer to a new page entitiled something like:
"Why is Bibliography Important and what are we doing about it"

and then list on that some of the challenges we are tackling and some of the
star progress.

P.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Adrian Pohl <ad.pohl at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> having some time to think about the ongoing developments and
> activities led me to do two things:
>
> 1. I wrote a blog post (in German) about Open Bibliographic Data in
> 2010:
> http://www.uebertext.org/2010/10/2010-das-open-bibliographic-data-jahr.html
>
> 2. I rearranged the Working Group's web presence a bit.
>
> About the group's wiki:
>
> * The main page is now filled with less information and better to
> oversee: http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/bibliography
> * I added a paragraph "Activities" to the main page which mentions
> some of the group's activities.
> * I moved several content to new wiki pages:
>  ** An overview over the group's members and associated persons:
> http://wiki.okfn.org/Openbiblio%20Members
>  ** A list of etherpads the group has created:
> http://wiki.okfn.org/List%20of%20Openbiblio%20etherpads
>  ** A list projects and services in the realm of Open Bibliographic
> Data: http://wiki.okfn.org/relevant%20projects Please add missing
> projects and services.
>
> What do you think about the changes? Is this web presence readable for
> people who have no clue what the group is doing but who are vaguely
> interested in the group's work?
>
> What is missing?/To Do
> - I think we need a short text describing what the group's purpose is
> and what it does. But for now, the three bullet points on the main
> page do the job...
> - The paragraph "Research" on the main page has to be moved to a seperate
> page.
>
> Ciao
> Adrian

Peter Murray-Rust