[open-bibliography] Open Bibliography and RLUK

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 19 23:19:42 UTC 2010

Ben and I spoke today and we think it's feasible to launch a citizen project
for exploring the BL catalugue in the 3 weeks before RLUK in Edinburgh where
I will run a session on our results. The goals are flexible, but a simple
start would be to ask people to search the BL catalogue for books they have.
There could be incentives to see who gets the most new hits, other other
games.

In any case it will be really important and great to get involvement and
encouragement from this list. We can do a great deal if we get enough
volunteers . So we need to think of a range of simple tools.

See:
http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/blogs/murrayrust/?p=2658

I shall defer to Ben on most matters.

Thanks to all who make this list exciting

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics