[open-bibliography] Fwd: Open Bibliographic Data and E-LIS

Adrian Pohl adrian.pohl at okfn.org
Mon Aug 1 07:57:55 UTC 2011

Hello,

I forward a mail by Giannis Tsakonas of E-LIS, "an international open
access archive for e-prints related to Librarianship, Information
Science and Technology, and related application disciplines."[1]
Contacting them months ago via isitopendata.org led to a discussion at
E-LIS about the openness of E-LIS metadata and the appropriate license
to choose. Obviously, they decided for OdbL, the attribution and
share-alike license for databases by Open Data Commons.[2]

Giannis asks the community how E-LIS could contribute its data. As far
as I know they are thinking about publishing Linked Open Data and were
quite impressed by the data that resulted from the JISC openbiblio
project. Are there any best practices for openbiblio data under OdbL?
I don't think so as all of the projects I know of have chosen a Public
Domain Waiver...

All the best
Adrian

[1] http://eprints.rclis.org/