[open-bibliography] Google Refine contributor wanting to help this community

Tom Morris tfmorris at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:47:20 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Thad Guidry <thadguidry at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  >(  Btw Tom, I might put a bounty on
> > this again, not for sure however, since I do not directly need it, just
> > helping scientist friends ;) and it looks like OKFN would like to see it
> > happen as well ! )
>
> If someone wanted to pay for this, I'd certainly be
> happy to knock something together and iterate on it with them or their
> designated users.

We just shipped Refine 2.5, so now would be a good time to address this if
there's any interest in the OKFN community (or elsewhere).

Another interesting capability might be a Google Refine reconciliation
service backed by BibSoup/BibServer/Bib* so that imported bibliographic
data can be reconciled against existing entitities (journals, authors, etc)
which are already in the database.

Tom