[open-bibliography] [open-science] Compiling licence details for all open access journals in UK PubMedCentral (or PMC)

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 13 12:48:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Jenny Molloy <jenny.molloy at okfn.org>wrote:

>>> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Peter Binfield <pbinfield at plos.org>wrote:
>>>
>>> That’s what I thought. So why are CC-BY journals on it? (e.g. Sage Open)

Peter,
The intention was to survey the types of licence used in HYBRID journals
and to allow people to judge whether the licences (and the fees) were
appropriate. It's only a few days old.

We did not add fully Open Access (gold) journals unless someone finds
examples which have CC-NC or even more restrictive examples.

Sage, Springer and others are there because I suspect they have both OA
journals and Hybrids. The comparion of licences and prices is particularly
valuable in these cases.

As I said it's a few days old and if there is material that wrong or
incomplete feel free to edit.