[open-bibliography] [open-science] Compiling licence details for all open access journals in UK PubMedCentral (or PMC)

Thad Guidry thadguidry at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 20:20:55 UTC 2011

> I think the statement is important. I do not know why PMC excludes NC
> clauses as Open Access... does anyone?
>
> Egon
>

> --
> Dr E.L. Willighagen
> Postdoctoral Researcher
> Institutet för miljömedicin
> Karolinska Institutet (http://ki.se/imm)
> Homepage: http://egonw.github.com/
> LinkedIn: http://se.linkedin.com/in/egonw
> Blog: http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/
> PubList: http://www.citeulike.org/user/egonw/tag/papers

I am a little confused by the terminology of the Creative Commons licenses
within this group discussion.

If you look at this particular PMC article and read the Acknowledgements
section it seems to imply a CC-BY license:

and perhaps some assumptions are being made in this group discussion, where
they should not be.  This page explained PMC's organization of "open
access" quite well for me personally,
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/tools/openftlist/

FYI,

--