[open-bibliography] Sample subject specific journal article metadata available for comment

Rosie, Heather Heather.Rosie at bl.uk
Thu Dec 15 15:29:56 UTC 2011

Hi Thad

The subject selection was based on the DDC (560 - Paleontology)
assigned at journal title level rather than at article level so, as you
say, "Palaeontology" is one of the carried subjects in this journal (the
other being 551 - Geology, hydrology, meteorology).  For this sample, we
are principally interested in feedback on the structure of the metadata
rather than the subject selection; if we were to offer selections in
this format in future, we would try to refine the subject selection
using some other mechanisms, such as keywords in the title/abstract,
other subject classes (LCC and local subject codes), although this would
still be imperfect since BL metadata for journal articles is not
currently classified or (subject) indexed at article title level.

Many thanks for your interest.

Heather

Heather Rosie

Online Metadata Analyst