[open-bibliography] DOIs and openbiblio

Paul Walk p.walk at ukoln.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 11:50:20 UTC 2011

Peter,
regarding your specific question on whether or not DOIs as identifiers are considered copyright. Like you, I expected that IDF would not make claims of copyright to DOI identifiers. I'm happy to say that I have just confirmed with Norman Paskin, Director of the International DOI Foundation, that IDF does not regard DOI names (identifiers) as copyright and, indeed, encourages their open and widespread use.

Paul