[open-bibliography] New BNB sample data available

William Waites ww at styx.org
Thu Feb 3 13:58:53 UTC 2011

* [2011-02-03 13:47:31 +0000] Owen Stephens <owen at ostephens.com> écrit:

] That said, I'd go back to my original preference  - I'm not sure the benefit
] you get from expressing 'London' and 'England' separately when you could
] just use http://sws.geonames.org/2643743/about.rdf

How about doing something like this:

:book rda:placeOfPublication [ skos:prefLabel "London, England" ].

which can then be augmented to

:book rda:placeOfPublication [
    dcterms:spatial <http://sws.geonames.org/2643643>;
    skos:prefLabel "London, England"
].

(the rda predicate chosen at random, doesn't bother me which one
is used and settled on).

This would lessen the burden on the BL to do the geocoding (if that
is a concern). The key point is the indirection which makes it
possible to augment the description after the fact with richer
information so having a second entry,

:book rda:placeOfPublication [ skos:prefLabel "England" ].

is perfectly fine.

Also I notice that trying to actually retrieve that geonames URL
currently yields "Error: the free servers are currently overloaded
with requests."

Cheers,
-w

--