[open-bibliography] Write-up for email

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 18:16:21 UTC 2011

Thanks very much Karen,

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle at kcoyle.net> wrote:

> The Open Bibliographic Data Working Group of the Open Knowledge Foundation
> has published a set of principles for open bibliographic data. [1] These
> principles express a philosophy of openness for bibliographic data in
> support of research and knowledge enhancement:
>
> It is clear (as always) that we have to work hard to get our message out,
so everyone on the list should not only sign, but also urge their
institution to sign

Bibliography may not sound romantic but it's playing a central part in how
we manage scholarship and institutions in the C21.

Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry
University of Cambridge