[open-bibliography] More open bib data from Southampton

Christopher Gutteridge cjg at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 6 11:46:38 UTC 2011

EPrints.soton, our main EPrints server, now provides RDF and sensible URIs.
http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/cgi/export/eprint/12321/RDFXML/eps-eprint-12321.rdf

EPrints.ecs.soton.ac.uk has provided this for some time (one day these
two repositories should be merged, but it's a scary job)

We also provide similar data from our 'edshare' teaching materials
repository:
http://www.edshare.soton.ac.uk/

What these don't yet do is join the data up in any sane way, they each
use different URIs for authors (person identity is a bit of a rabbit
hold in such a large organistation with many co-evolved systems!)

Suggestions on how to make this more useful will go a long way as I can
alter the next release of the software, rather than just our local copies!

Also, in principle I'd like to look at exposing the library database as
open data, including number of copies available currently for loan. Any
ideas?

--
Christopher Gutteridge -- http://id.ecs.soton.ac.uk/person/1248

You should read the ECS Web Team blog: http://blogs.ecs.soton.ac.uk/webteam/