[open-bibliography] More open bib data from Southampton

Adrian Pohl adrian.pohl at okfn.org
Mon Jan 10 13:51:21 UTC 2011

Hello Christopher,

I just had a quick look at your example[1]. Here my thoughts on this:

The object URI in the isPartOf-statement in line 56:
http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/id/repository doesn't seem to dereference.
As far as I know collection level description isn't done very often
with repositories as is the case with other collections. I'd find it
useful if EPrints supported collection descriptions of repositories
and collections within them. One might use the Dublin Core Collections
Application Profile[2] to do this (though - I have to say - I am not
fully satisfied with this solution).

There are some ontologies declared at the top of the document which
aren't used (in this description): event, void, eprel, cc, owl, geo.
It perhaps would be nicer only to declare the ontologies actually used
in the description at hand.

The rest seems to look quite well as far as I can tell.

> Also, in principle I'd like to look at exposing the library database as open
> data, including number of copies available currently for loan. Any ideas?

Do you know the Document Availability Information data model (DAIA)?
See [3].

Adrian

[1] http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/cgi/export/eprint/12321/RDFXML/eps-eprint-12321.rdf

[2] http://dublincore.org/groups/collections/collection-application-profile/