[open-bibliography] FAQ for http://opendefinition.org/

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Sat Jan 15 13:04:26 UTC 2011

Hi Rufus, all,

On 14.01.2011, at 21:36, Rufus Pollock wrote:

> It would seem useful (see e.g. [1]) to have an FAQ for opendefinition.org covering such items as:
>
> * Non-commercial (why excluded)
> * Different domains (science, bibliography etc)
> * How to contribute
> * Guides to open content and data

this is indeed a very good point. Would be good to have this FAQ for the OKD.

> Any other items people can think of?
>
> We've already got a fair amount of material on each of these.
>
> @Daniel: as coordinator would you be able to put the FAQ page and pull
> together links and material?

I will do so. I just started in a pad for collaboration. Would be really good if people could contribute and help oversee the work to make sure I am not missing some important points.

http://de.okfnpad.org/okd-faq

Later this information can be pulled into the website or wiki

> [1]: http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/open-bibliography/2011-January/000756.html

Just realised that I have not been subscribed to this list. There now :)

Regards
Daniel

--
Daniel Dietrich

The Open Knowledge Foundation
www.okfn.org  -  www.opendefinition.org

Project Coordinator of the Open Definition

Coordinator of the Woking Groups
WG on Open Government Data
WG on Open Data in the EU

Web: www.okfn.de