[open-bibliography] openbiblio on delicious

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jan 10 15:58:50 UTC 2011

Adrian, I have started systematically tagging urls of interest to the openbiblio community,
such as the 3 you listed below in previous message

> [1] http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/cgi/export/eprint/12321/RDFXML/eps-eprint-12321.rdf
> [2] http://dublincore.org/groups/collections/collection-application-profile/
> [3] http://daia.sourceforge.net/

on delicious.  See

http://www.delicious.com/tag/openbiblio

for 132 bookmarks with this tag and

http://www.delicious.com/jim_pitman/openbiblio

for 15 which I have contributed. I have lots more of this nature, many from past discussions on this list,
but have not yet applied the openbiblio tag to them.  I would be glad to cooperate with anyone interested in supporting
a more structured list of openbiblio bookmarks, with systematic use of categories or high level tags like e.g.
technical/legal/political/economic/...  and other tags as needed.
We should be able to use the delicious API to pipe such lists to a more structured display on an okfn managed site.
I'd be glad to assist with that but I'd need some help with the internet plumbing, especially the delicious API
is fairly arcane now. e.g. It should be a scripting exercise to extract every url ever mentioned on this list  and post
it to delicious with an openbiblio tag. But I am not able to figure out how to make bulk postings to delicious  through
their API. Anyone know how to do this?

There was BTW a rumor recently that delicious might be shut down soon:  http://web.resourceshelf.com/go/resourceblog/62691
But no matter, its a great service we could use it until it is shut down, keep our own cache of the bookmark data, and
then repost on some other social bookmarking service.  If anyone knows a social bookmarking service with similar features to
delicious and an easier to use API, please share that information.

--Jim
Jim Pitman
Director, Bibliographic Knowledge Network Project
http://www.bibkn.org/

Professor of Statistics and Mathematics
University of California
367 Evans Hall # 3860