[open-bibliography] A 4 star classification-scheme for open cultural meta-data

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Jun 6 09:52:59 UTC 2011

Jonathan Gray wrote:
> M.J.: Despite the fact we often use Google Docs, this time it isn't ours! ;-)
>
> If anyone knows anything about this - it would be great if they could
> fill us in with background information.

OK, I thought that either it was yours, or it was published and could
be reproduced here as fair dealing for the purposes of news reporting,
critique or commentary.

Hard to say if anyone knows anything about something we can't see.

A 4 star classification-scheme sounds like a bad idea, rewarding people
for things which aren't quite open enough, like CC-ND licences still let
people claim that they are part of the creative commons, even though a
fenced look-but-don't-touch area isn't really part of a commons.

Regards,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/