[open-bibliography] A 4 star classification-scheme for open cultural meta-data

William Waites ww at styx.org
Mon Jun 6 15:19:22 UTC 2011

* [2011-06-06 10:52:59 +0100] MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> écrit:

] A 4 star classification-scheme sounds like a bad idea, rewarding people
] for things which aren't quite open enough, like CC-ND licences still let
] people claim that they are part of the creative commons, even though a
] fenced look-but-don't-touch area isn't really part of a commons.

This is my main criticism of CC - they are a copyright promotion
organisation and don't see copyright law as fundamentally flawed.

OKF would do well to remember this when talking about open licenses -
in an ideal world we wouldn't need them, but since we don't live in an
ideal world we need to use open licenses to protect ourselves.

-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>
http://river.styx.org/ww/        <sip:ww at styx.org>