[open-bibliography] Cambridge Open METAadata

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 2 09:18:36 UTC 2011

This looks very promising - they specifically cite the Open Bibliographic
Principles so we - and particularly Adrian - can feel very pleased.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 7:09 AM, Jim Pitman <pitman at stat.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Adrian, this looks like something to flag on the Open Biblio site:
>
> http://cul-comet.blogspot.com/
>
> See also newsfeed reproduced below.
>
> >A  project board, comprising of representatives of Cambridge University
> Library and the
> >University of Cambridge Centre for Applied Research in Educational
> Technologies will take  responsibility for overseeing the project:
> >Patricia Killiard, Head of Electronic Services and Systems, Cambridge
> University Library
> >Hugh Taylor, Head of Collection Development and Description, Cambridge
> University Library
> >John Norman, Director, Centre for Applied Research in Educational
> Technologies, University of Cambridge
>
> Peter, do you know these people?
> Would be nice to see further engagement with OKFN.

We are already engaged in the JISCOpenbib project.

I hope this will spread virally to other libraries.

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics