[open-bibliography] Using IsItOpenData to get information about licensing policies

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Mar 16 17:18:49 UTC 2011

Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> WE ARE AHEAD OF YOU   so we need to avoid confusing them.

OK. Please advise who is your Mendeley contact I can inform my Mendeley
contacts of the parallel discussions. Glad to let you proceed on this one.

I proposed before a bulletin board or similar where the task of
approaching various data suppliers can be divided and conquered without
unnecessary duplication.  How can that most easily be facilitated?

For the record, I am currently talking also to Cornell and Duke UP about access
to arXiv and Project Euclid metadata. arXiv is operationally at least CC BY and they may go to CC0 for the metadata without abstracts. Euclid is still under
discussion.  I am also taling to IMS about their data, eventually to include CIS, and I am gradually taking up the licensing issues for various people data sets at http://people.bibkn.org

--Jim