[open-bibliography] Wikipedia project: bibliographic-archival data base

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Tue Sep 13 20:35:09 UTC 2011

Quoting Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk>:

> * all references should - if possible - include a description of the rights
> of the referenced object. e.g. if someone references an Open Access paper,
> then it should be denoted as such in WP. This would be a tremendous example
> of the power of OB.

But we do need metadata for rights in order to do that. I did a rights
metadata schema for the University of California some years ago,
although it may be too complex (it was designed to also meet the needs
of archives). DC has a rights field that is very simple - it would be
good, though, to define a set of values. Does anyone know of a rights
vocabulary we could use?

kc

--
Karen Coyle