[open-bibliography] Hello everyone

Bo Johnson johnsonbjeff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 20:25:38 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

My name is Bo Johnson, I currently live in Chicago, Illinois in the US. I
work in information management and am finishing a masters degree in Library
and Information Science. Tech wise, I am not as savvy as I would like to
be, but I have a little knowledge of HTML, CSS and XML, very little
knowledge of Javascript, and almost none with Python, though I am working
through the codeacademy.com courses on Javascript and Python.

I have completed one course in general cataloging (MARC, AACR2, and basic
LCSH and Sears subject cataloging) and one course on metadata for internet
(XML and MARCXML, and very cursory work with EAD, LOM, Dublin Core, METS,
MODS and ONYX). I also used to work as a professional taxonomist, focusing
in faceting.

Most of my experience is in enterprise settings (enterprise content and
document management, specifically) and I would like to contribute in any
way I can.

Thanks everyone!