[open-bibliography] getting a personal bib library out

Karol M. Langner karol.langner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 22:21:43 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

Sorry for getting back to this discussion so late, but travels/work
did not allow to go through all of it with the attention I woul like.
Nonetheless, now that I did, bibserver/soup looks great! I think this
is an important piece in the puzzle to develop open/free tools for
bibliographic data.

I created an account on bibsoup.net:
http://bibsoup.net/kml/library
and I am now looking at the bibserver code and thinking about putting up
a server of my own in the coming weeks.

I have a couple of questions, whose answers are not obvious to me:
1) Having a personal bibtex file I want to publish (the file itself
contains a PDDL license), how do I annotate the derived bibsoup data
with the corespoding license? Do I need to at all?
2) There was mention of adding an appropriate field to EACH bibtex
entry with the relevant license information. Is this in fact desirable,
or overkill, and why?
3) I have some scripts I use to manage my biblio data, which I keep
track of on github along with the files. What license is appropriate
for these files? A data-centered license, or a code-centered license?
4) I'd like to operate a bibserver/bibsoup instance on my own machine
and push any updates I make locally to this server, triggered by
a git commit or similar action. Is this easily achievable at present?

Thanks for all the great work!
Karol

--
written by Karol Langner