[open-bibliography] getting a personal bib library out

Mark MacGillivray mark at odaesa.com
Sun Feb 5 22:38:37 UTC 2012

Hi Karol, thanks for your feedback.

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM, Karol M. Langner
<karol.langner at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Having a personal bibtex file I want to publish (the file itself
> contains a PDDL license), how do I annotate the derived bibsoup data
> with the corespoding license? Do I need to at all?

You can put license information into your bibjson, but there is not a
corresponding field in bibtex that I know of, so it could not go in
there. You would therefore have to write the bibjson manually and push
from there. We will be adding edit soon though, so you could add
license info then.

> 2) There was mention of adding an appropriate field to EACH bibtex
> entry with the relevant license information. Is this in fact desirable,
> or overkill, and why?

You could put it on the record or on the collection if you want to.

> 3) I have some scripts I use to manage my biblio data, which I keep
> track of on github along with the files. What license is appropriate
> for these files? A data-centered license, or a code-centered license?

Not sure about that, if you have two different types of thing. One for each?

> 4) I'd like to operate a bibserver/bibsoup instance on my own machine
> and push any updates I make locally to this server, triggered by
> a git commit or similar action. Is this easily achievable at present?

You could run your own bibserver and from there you could ingest your
collections to bibsoup.net. There is no built-in trigger for that, but
you could certainly script it. Just curl the JSON from your collection
(add .json to the collection URL), then curl it to your bibsoup.net
account using your API KEY.

> Thanks for all the great work!

Thanks!

Mark