[open-bibliography] Linked Data at the Spanish National Library

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Feb 3 09:11:07 UTC 2012

On 3 February 2012 08:41, Adrian Pohl <adrian.pohl at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hello Tom,
>

> On 2 February 2012 20:48, Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On a related note, how do I get CKAN/TheDataHub to give me a list of
>> all openly licensed bibliographic data dumps?  Is there a way to
>> select multiple tags to filter on at the same time?
>
> The bibliographic data group on the Data Hub is a good starting point but
> there are still not-openly licensed datasets in it:
> <http://thedatahub.org/group/bibliographic>. While updating this group a few
> days ago I thought about omitting al the data sets which aren't openly
> licensed. In the end I didn't. I think we discussed earlier that it might be
> useful to see the not-yet-open datasets to be able to easily contact the
> maintainers and ask about opening up the data.
>
> By now, I think we could really make the group an "Open Bibligoraphic Data"
> group and remove the not-open data sets. What do others think?

Definitely could be worth doing given how easy it is to create a group.

That said you can already see things which are not openly licensed
because of the big "Not Openly Licensed" button and one should also be
able to construct a search query to do this (the issue is one needs to
have an OR query on the set of open licenses -- let me look into
this).

Rufus

> All the best
> Adrian