[open-bibliography] Linked Data at the Spanish National Library

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 3 11:10:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Adrian Pohl <adrian.pohl at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hello Tom,
>
> By now, I think we could really make the group an "Open Bibligoraphic
> Data" group and remove the not-open data sets. What do others think?
>
> +1
This is exactly what we are tackling on OKF-open-access where we are
looking at inclusive universal access to (scholarly) info. Open
Bibliography is central to the effort (we are creating an OKD-Open resource
for malaria and basing that on an Open Bibliography core.

We are hoping to create an approach where OKD-Openness is so fundamental
that people naturaly get drawn into using it. We want to avoid early
clashes with those who use "Open" in a less-than OKD manner. Initially
simply by omitting them from the resources.

And can I again thank Adrian for all his work on this. Without the
Principles of Open Bibliography our job would be much harder. And, of
course, the datasets that he is alerting us to.

And also thank Ross Mounce for having tabulated Open bibliographic datasets
as well tackling the problems of non-Open in hybrid journals.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics