[open-bibliography] getting a personal bib library out

Mark MacGillivray mark at odaesa.com
Sun Feb 5 23:49:13 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> There are the following problems:
> * it is technically not easy to add a complete licence (CF CC licences in
> RDF for adding to HTML pages)
> * We don't think licences are the right way to go about asserting Open
> Bibliography.
>
> However I think it highly useful to have a single non-legal field such as
>     "rights" : http://openbiblio.net/principles/
> This ;points the users to our site, costs little real estate and is
> educative

the problem with this though is that there will be some records where
this is added because people know to add it, but others where it is
not. Same is true if we apply from the backend - do we do so only when
not already defined? Do we overwrite if it is defined? What if it
comes from a parser outwith our control? If we put anything like this
on each record it could just lead to more pollution.

>> This may be something for the broader list, not just the dev list.
>
> Agreed

We are on the broader list. Hello broad list!

Mark