[open-bibliography] [open-humanities] Parsing Wikisource bibliography pages?

Oliver Flimm flimm at ub.uni-koeln.de
Mon Feb 6 18:29:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 10:56:46AM +0000, Sam Leon wrote:
>    Wondered if anyone knows anything about the possibility of getting
>    structured data from Wikisource bibliography pages? And/or whether the
>    new Wikimedia Deutschland data pilot [1] involves bibliographic
>    information on Wikisource?
>    It would be good to build on, and contribute back to things like:
>    [1]http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Author:Friedrich_Nietzsche
>    I'm particularly interested in the possibility of using/building on
>    these bibliographies for OpenPhilosophy.org [2].
>    Also interested in whether there are any ideas about mapping the
>    titles in different languages. E.g. latin title, German translation of
>    title and English translation of title all refer to different
>    manifestations of same underlying work (or whatever other data
>    model...).

for our union catalogue at the university of Cologne (Germany) I've
already integrated bibliographic data of the german wikisource
xml-dump and blogged about it (in german):

http://blog.openbib.org/2009/08/08/integration-von-wikisource-in-den-kug/

and

http://blog.openbib.org/2009/08/21/dfg-viewer-fur-wikisource-im-kug/

At that time (2009) the set of bibliographic categories of the german
wikisource was much richer than eg. the english or french ones.

Apart from the integration in our main discovery interface at

http://kug.ub.uni-koeln.de/

with around 11.500.000 Titles in 193 separate (local) databases, we
also offer a dedicated search interface only for wikisource at:

http://wikisource.ub.uni-koeln.de/

alongside our other "special collections" (at the central university
library):

http://blog.openbib.org/2011/11/09/sammlungen-revisited/

A converted title from the german wikisource looks like this:

http://kug.ub.uni-koeln.de/portal/connector/permalink/wikisource_de/26797/1/wikisource/index.html

Regards,

Oliver

--
Universitaet zu Koeln :: Universitaets- und Stadtbibliothek
IT-Dienste :: Abteilung Universitaetsgesamtkatalog