[open-bibliography] getting a personal bib library out

Karol M. Langner karol.langner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 16:31:45 UTC 2012

On Jan 18 2012, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Karol M. Langner
> <karol.langner at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'd like to make my bibliographic library public. In practice,
> > that is a single BibTeX file... plus some scripts.
> >

> For interest how large is it? And is it a list of your publications (a
> Publication List) or the objects you/others are interested in using/reading
> (a Reading List)? We are working on both of those in the Openbiblio project
> right at the moment.

It currently happens to have 1111 elements, and consists solely of the
articles and books, etc., that I've read in the last 10 or so years
while doing research (but not all of them). It's entirely personal.

In time I will add a README file on github to describe it.

> We can create a BibSoup/Bibserver out of it.

Go ahead, it's free :)

> > I've now put on github for fun:
> > https://github.com/langner/library
> >
> > What is the appropriate license for this? Can I just put in CC0?
> >

> I'd agree with that.

I assume PDDL is OK, too, because that's what I went with in the end.

Just attached the PDDL license to my BibTeX file in the newest commit:
https://github.com/langner/library/commit/38b6cf00e8809c0776f0a142b50ea244ae9862a0

I also have some scripts that go along with my bibtex file. This is where
it gets confusing for me -- should I apply the same license to those files,
or should they carry the same license as the data itself?

Best,
Karol

--
written by Karol M. Langner