[open-bibliography] German National Bibliography as LOD under CC0

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 13:13:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Naomi Lillie <naomi.lillie at okfn.org>wrote:

> Great news! Thanks Adrian :-)
>
> Some of you may not know that Adrian was the driving force behind setting
up the Principles of Open Bibliographic Data. Every time we now see a CC0
bibliography I think we can assume that this has played a part.

> On 26 January 2012 11:43, Adrian Pohl <adrian.pohl at okfn.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> good news from Germany. The German National Library
>>
>> 1) changed its licensing regime for Linked Data to CC0 which makes the
>> data open according to the open definition[1],
>> 2) has begun to publish the German national bibliography as Linked Open
>> Data.
>>
>> Are we able to get this collection as a Bibserver in Bibsoup?

If we can offer Bibservers of national bibliographies it will be a great
resource for everyone working in Arts and Humanities, GLAM, etc. and
science monographs.

Bibserver can, in principle, allow annotations. All bibliographies offer
great scope for this.

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust